Special Education Services
In accordance with the Connecticut State Library Record Retention Policies, the Windsor Board of Education will be destroying the confidential special education records of students who have exited the district (graduated or reached age 21) in the 2014-2015 school year.
Confidential records include referrals to special services, PPT/IEP records, testing and evaluation documentation, correspondence with other agencies, and all other records related to special education or special services.
Those graduates can obtain the special education records before they are destroyed by contacting the Pupil and Special Education Services department by July 30, 2021. Records will not be released to anyone other than the student (with proper identification provided), unless a signed consent for release of records form is provided. To request by phone, please call (860) 687-2000 Ext. 1238. Written requests may be sent to: Pupil and Special Education Services, 601 Matianuck Avenue, Windsor, CT 06095.
Records will be destroyed on July 31, 2021
- CT State Dept. of Ed: Bureau of Special Education Resources
- CSDE Helpful Resources for Families
- CSDE IEP and PPT Forms
- CSDE Parent Guide to Special Education in CT
- CSDE Guia de Educacion Especial en CT para Padres
- CSDE Secondary Transition Resources
- Promoting Success for Children with Disabilities -- PPT 101, PPT Process, What is Least Restrictive Environment?
- Aviso de Garantias de Procedimientos Requerido Bajo IDEA Parte B (Spanish).pdf (6/27/15)
- Laws relating to the Use of Seclusion & Restraint in Public Schools (English).pdf (6/27/15)
- Letter to Parents/Guardians Eligible Student Regarding Medicaid Reimbursement 2013 (6/22/15)
- Notification para los representantes acerca de las leyes relactionadas con el uso de la reclusion y restriccion en las escuelas publicas (Spanish).pdf (6/27/15)
- Notification in CT Regarding Billing Medicaid for Health-Related Services in a Students IEP Program. pdf (6/22/15)
- Parent/Guardian Section 504 Rights.pdf (6/27/15)
- Procedural Safeguards Notice Required Under IDA Part B (English) (PDF) (Rev. 3.31.21)