The Federal Communications Commission has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford Internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
Eligible households can enroll through a participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail in application. Please help us raise awareness about this program with your networks and constituencies’ families using the following FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit Messaging Toolkit:
· Infographic (PDF | Spanish)
· Newsletter Blurb (Word | Spanish)
· Press Release (Word)
· Twitter and Facebook Posts (Word | Spanish)
· Fact Sheet (8 1/2" x 11" Word; PDF | Spanish: Word; PDF)
· Flyer I (8 1/2" x 11" PDF | Spanish)
· Poster (8 1/2" x 11" PNG | Spanish PDF)
· Consumer Handout (9" x 5" PDF | Spanish)
· Consumer Handout (4" x 5" two-sided PDF | Spanish)
· Consumer Handout (4" x 5" one-sided PDF | Spanish)
· Audio PSA (MP3 | Spanish)
· Tribal Benefit PSA (MP3)
You can learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311.
How can I talk with and support my child about Coronavirus?
List of Resources from Town of Windsor Social Services Department
Click link to view a wide variety of resources available to help with housing, food assistance, energy, employment, mental health services and more. Town of Windsor Resources COVID19
The State of Connecticut has launched the Talk it Out Line 1-833-258-5011, to help parents and caregivers cope with the stress and increased needs resulting from caring for their children during the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch the PSA Here.
- Outdoor Events and End-of-Year Activities 5.21.21
- Continued Mask Policies in School Buildings 5.20.21
- DPH Order Regarding Universal Masking 5.19.21
- Spring School COVID Screening Testing Program 5.11.21
- Interim Guidance for Remote Learning 2021-22 School Year 4.27.21
- CT DPH-SDE Finish Strong
- DPH Vaccine Update
- CT DPH-SDE COVID-19 Trends
- 2021 Spring Sports Guidance
- Update to Number of Preschool Students per Classroom - Revised 3.15.21
- Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People - Updated 3.8.21
- CSDE-DPH Vaccination Update - 3.8.21
- Addendum 7: COVID-19 Reopening Considerations for CT K-12 Music Programs
- DPH COVID-19 Municipal/Local Health Dept webinar - Stay the Course in CT - 2.17.21
- DPH Travel Advisory - Amended 1.20.21
- Keeping Schools Opened Safely - Rev 2.24.21
- Phase 1a Eligibility: State of Connecticut
- Updated CDC and DPH on Length of Self-Quarantine of Close Contacts 12.17.20
- COVID-19 Quarantine Guidance 12.16.20
- COVID-19 School Submission Reporting Guidance Updated 12.11.20
- Vaccine Info
- COVID-19 Alert Resources
- BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Test Kits
- State of CT COVID-19 Testing Guidance and Guidelines
- State of CT COVID-19 School Submission Reporting Guidance
- Addendum 4: Adapt, Advance, Achieve; Rev. 10.21.20
- Addendum 5: Interim Guidance for Responding to COVID-19 Scenarious in CT School Districts: Rev. 1.4.21
- Addendum 9: Contact Tracing Scenarios in Schools; Rev. 1.4.21
- CT Dept of Public Health Town-Level COVID Response Framework
WINDSOR, CONN., May 15, 2020 – On Thursday, May 21, the Windsor Food & Fuel Bank (WFFB) will resume accepting donations of food from the public but only during specific time periods and people must call in advance to schedule their drop offs. Beginning on Thursday, May 21, the community food bank will receive donations of food upon appointment on Tuesday mornings from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and on Thursday afternoons from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at its location at L.P. Wilson Community Center at 599 Matianuck Ave. in Windsor, Conn. To schedule a time to bring nonperishable food to the food bank, as well as gift cards to local stores and gas stations, and toiletries, call 860-285-1839.
Local Grab & Go Food Distributions
There are over 60 local Mobile Foodshare sites currently operating across Greater Hartford with distributions of free produce every other week, and over 200 local food pantries and meal programs in Greater Hartford. Please take advantage of these programs. Here is how to find them.
- Mobile Foodshare is an outdoor pantry-on-wheels, to find a site near you please text “FOODSHARE” to 85511 or go to www.foodshare.org/mobile.
- To find a food pantry, community kitchen and other resources near you, call 2-1-1 or go to https://www.211ct.org/.
Volunteer & Donations
If you are interested in volunteering or would like to donate to help Foodshare continue to serve our neighbors please visit www.foodshare.org
The Windsor Public Library and Wilson Branch are now open with many services available to their patrons. Please click the link to view The Library & COVID-19 for more information and safety precautions while visiting the libraries.
We thank you for your patience during this difficult time. Stay safe and healthy.
Many communities across the country, and the world, are tasked with navigating a new "normal" as social distancing has lead to school closures and a significant rise in distance learning. The TransACT Community Engagement Team has added resources and articles from other organizations to this newsletter for the benefit of our subscribers during this unprecedented situation.
Guidance from the Department of Education is posted at: ed.gov/coronavirus
What You Need To Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019