skip to main content

Registering Your Child

Welcome to the Windsor Public Schools!  We are delighted you have chosen Windsor and we look forward to working with you and your child.

The Windsor Board of Education requires that each student be registered prior to entry to the school system. All students under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian complete the process. You may register online or in person.  The link to the online registration site is at the end of this document as is the contact information for the Registration Office.  Please read the information below to learn more about what you will need to provide so your child may attend school.

Required Documentation

In order for children to be registered, the district requires the following documentation:

1. Birth Certificate

2. Proof of Residence:

If you have purchased a property:

     1. A current mortgage statement


     2. One utility bill (telephone, cable, gas or electricity)

If you rent a property:

     1. A current lease agreement


     2. One utility bill (telephone, cable, gas or electricity)

If you live with another family:

     1. A completed Certificate of Residency Form (must be notarized),


         A current lease agreement and one utility bill (telephone, gas or electricity),


         A current mortgage statement and one utility bill (telephone, gas or electricity).

Guardianship Papers (for situations where guardianship has been modified by the court - please provide the court documents)

The Registrar's Office will determine the school that your child will be attending and inform the school that you have completed the first part of the registration process.

Immunization Record and Updated Physical Medical Exam

Students cannot enter in the school system unless they meet the State of Connecticut medical and immunization requirements.

You will need:

1. If you are new to Connecticut, your child will need a new updated (physical) medical exam. This medical assessment will have to be recorded on a

State of Connecticut Health Assessment form (ages 6-21)


Early Childhood Health Assessment Record (ages birth to 5).

2. If your child is transferring from a school within Connecticut, please obtain a copy of your child's last physical from either your child's previous school or his/her physician's office.

3. Proof of Immunization (usually included on your child’s Health Assessment Record as described above). For your information: 

Immunization Requirements For Enrolled Students in Connecticut Schools for 2018-2019

Immunization Requirements for Enrolled Students in Connecticut for 2019-2020.

Links to Online Registration

You may begin the online registration process by accessing the link below.

Contact Information

If you have questions or need help with registration please do not hesitate to contact us:

Registration Office

LP Wilson Community Center

601 Matianuck Avenue

Windsor, CT 06095

860-687-2000, ext. 1263

ADA Compliance Errors 0