skip to main content
Registration Office
L.P. Wilson Community Center
Room 12
601 Matianuck Avenue
860-687-2000, x263

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Closed 1:00-2:00 PM)

Registering Your Child

5 months ago

The Windsor Board of Education requires that each student be registered prior to being allowed to enter the school system. All students under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian complete the process. The office is located at L.P. Wilson Community Center, 601 Matianuck Avenue, Room 12, Windsor, CT. 860-687-2000, x263. 

Registering Your Child

In order for children to be registered, the district requires the following documentation: 

1. Birth Certificate

2. Guardianship Papers (if applicable)

3. Proof of Residence: 

If you live with another family: 

  • A completed Certificate of Residency Form (complete this form in the Registration Office when you register your child(ren), AND
  • A current lease agreement and one utility bill (telephone, gas or electricity), OR
  • A current mortgage statement and one utility bill (telephone, gas or electricity).
If you rent a property: 
  • A current lease agreement and one utility bill (telephone, gas or electricity)
If you have purchased a property:
  • A current mortgage statement and one utility bill (telephone, gas or electricity)

The Registrar's Office will determine the school that your child will be attending and inform the school that you have completed the first part of the registration process.

Immunization Record and Updated Physical Medical Exam

Students cannot enter in the school system unless they meet the State of Connecticut medical and immunization requirements.

You will need:

1. Any immunization record you have (to show that your child meets the State of Connecticut requirements to enter a Connecticut school).

2. If you are new to Connecticut, your child will need a new updated (physical) medical exam. This medical assessment will have to be recorded on a State of Connecticut Health Assessment form OR Early Childhood Health Assessment Record.

3. If your child is transferring from a school within Connecticut, please obtain a copy of your child's last physical from either your child's previous school or his/her physician's office.

Immunization Requirements For Enrolled Students in Connecticut Schools for 2017-2018.

New Student Registration