Registering Your Child
28 days ago
Welcome to the Windsor Public Schools! We are delighted you have chosen Windsor and we look forward to working with you and your child.
The Windsor Board of Education requires that each student be fully registered prior to school entry. Students under the age of 18 must be registered by a parent or guardian.
Registration is an online process and may be completed from your home/office or by coming into the Registration Office where we can assist you. Please read the information below to learn more about the information we will need in order to fully register your child.
In order for children to be registered, the district requires the following documentation:
1. An official long form copy of the child’s Birth Certificate
2. Guardianship Papers if applicable (Please provide court documents).
3. Proof of Residence:
If you are a property owner you will need a current mortgage statement AND one current utility bill (telephone, cable, gas or electricity).
If you rent a property you will need a current lease agreement AND one current utility bill (telephone, cable, gas or electricity).
If you live with another family, you will need:
A completed and notarized Certificate of Residency Form AND
Either a mortgage or lease agreement in the homeowner’s name AND
A current utility bill (telephone, cable, gas or electricity) in the homeowner’s name
4. Medical and Immunization Records (Please see the information below.)
Immunization Record and Updated Physical Medical Exam
All students must meet the State of Connecticut medical and immunization requirements in order to enter school.
1. If you are new to Connecticut, you will need to provide a State of Connecticut Health Assessment form (ages 6-21) OR an Early Childhood Health Assessment Record (ages birth to 5) that reflects a physical exam completed within the last year.
2. If your child is transferring from a school within Connecticut, please obtain a copy of your child's State of Connecticut Health Assessment form (ages 6-21) OR an Early Childhood Health Assessment Record (ages birth to 5) from either your child's previous school or your physician's office.
3. All records must also include proof of Immunization (which is usually included on your child’s Health Assessment Record as described above). For your information:Immunization Requirements For Enrolled Students in Connecticut Schools for 2019-2020
If you have questions or need help with registration please do not hesitate to contact us:
LP Wilson Community Center
601 Matianuck Avenue
Windsor, CT 06095
860-687-2000, ext. 1263